Starting at The Square, Letham, head west on West Hemming Street to T junction. Turn right to Dunnichen Church junction and turn right. Continue on this road to junction with A932. Turn left then almost immediately turn right towards Balgavies to junction B9113. Cross over and continue north passing entrance to Turin House and fork right towards Pitkennedy and Brechin.
Continue on this road for 2.5 miles/3.9km and turn right at cottage. Continue on this road for 1.1 miles/1.7km and turn right. Continue through Montreathmont Forest for 2.5 miles/4.2km to junction. Carry on straight over and follow road towards Guthrie for 2.2 miles/3.6km. Carry on through Guthrie to junction A932.
Turn right and after 200m turn left towards Pitmuies. Follow this road for 2 miles/3.2km and at house before crossing Denton Burn, turn right towards Dumbarrow. At T junction turn right and continue over Idvies Hill for 2 miles/3.2km. At crossroads before Bractullo Farm turn right signposted Guthrie 4 miles. Continue down the hill passing east of Idvies house for 1.4km/0.9 mile to crossroads junction signposted Letham ½ mile. Turn left, carry on through The Den Letham and turn left at East Den Brae, following this street to return to The Square, Letham.
54 (Dundee & Montrose)
We recommend the following safety advice to cyclists:
- Check out in advance that the route, which you intend to take, is suitable for the cycling skills of you and your group.
- Take special care when cycling downhill.
- Match your speed to the road surface and your cycling skills and experience.
- Make sure your bicycle is properly maintained and in a safe condition for your cycling holiday.
- In remote areas carry warm waterproof clothing, energy food, a lamp, map and compass.
- Carry a tool kit and puncture repair facilities.
- Do make sure you have adequate insurance cover.