Starting in Kirriemuir town centre, head south west on Tannage Brae into Knowehead and at Lindsay Street/Slade Road junction turn right. At junction B951 turn left signposted Kirkton of Glenisla. Follow this road past Loch of Kinnordy to Kirkton of Kingoldrum.
After leaving Kirkton of Kingoldrum bear left at junction and follow this road for 3 miles/4.8km. At junction bear right towards Loch of Lintrathen. At T junction turn right, cross bridge and continue for 200m then turn right signposted Glenisla.
Follow this road, turning left at junction B951 then left at junction signposted Craigisla to circuit the loch. At junction bear left and return to Bridgend of Lintrathen. This time carry on over the bridge to junction B951. Turn right towards Kirkton of Kingoldrum and carry on.
After 3.5miles/6km, bear left at junction towards Kinnordy. After 1.5miles/2.5km at junction turn right and continue to junction Cortachy Road Kirriemuir. Go straight on into Kinnordy Road and follow this street back to Kirriemuir town centre.
53 (Blairgowrie & Forest of Alyth) and 54 (Dundee & Montrose)
We recommend the following safety advice to cyclists:
- Check out in advance that the route, which you intend to take, is suitable for the cycling skills of you and your group.
- Take special care when cycling downhill.
- Match your speed to the road surface and your cycling skills and experience.
- Make sure your bicycle is properly maintained and in a safe condition for your cycling holiday.
- In remote areas carry warm waterproof clothing, energy food, a lamp, map and compass.
- Carry a tool kit and puncture repair facilities.
- Do make sure you have adequate insurance cover.