Starting at Kirriemuir town centre, head north west on B956 Glengate/Kinnordy Road. At junction, carry on straight over signposted Pearsie for 3.5km. Turn left at junction signposted Kingoldrum/ Balintore. Follow this road for 8 miles/12.7km through Balintore to junction B961.
Turn right and follow this road for 7 miles/11.3km to Brewlands Bridge. Turn left signposted Blacklunans / Kilry and follow this road for 7 miles/11.1km to junction B954 at Craigisla. Turn left signposted Kirriemuir 10 miles and follow this road east for 3.5 miles/4km.
Just before Bridgend of Lintrathen at War Memorial, turn right. Follow this road (following signs for Alyth) for 2.6 miles/4.3km to T junction. Turn left signposted Kirriemuir. Follow this road east, merging right on to B951 for 4.6 miles/7.6km to Kirriemuir. At T junction turn right then left into Knowehead and follow this road back to Kirriemuir town centre.
43 (Braemar & Blair Atholl), 44 (Ballater & Glen Clova), 53 (Blairgowrie & Forest of Alyth) and 54 (Dundee & Montrose)
We recommend the following safety advice to cyclists:
- Check out in advance that the route, which you intend to take, is suitable for the cycling skills of you and your group.
- Take special care when cycling downhill.
- Match your speed to the road surface and your cycling skills and experience.
- Make sure your bicycle is properly maintained and in a safe condition for your cycling holiday.
- In remote areas carry warm waterproof clothing, energy food, a lamp, map and compass.
- Carry a tool kit and puncture repair facilities.
- Do make sure you have adequate insurance cover.