The archive has a wealth of resources, from original documents, thousands of photographs, books, unique indexes, transcripts, family histories & research files. The collections cover Arbroath, Brechin, Carnoustie, Forfar, Kirriemuir, Montrose, Monifieth and many rural areas of Angus.
Angus Archives collects, preserves and makes available the written and photographic heritage of Angus. In the search room you can access:
- extensive photograph collections
- local history book collection
- plans of buildings
- family histories & family history resources
- digital resources
- transcripts of many hard to read documents
- surname & subject indexes to quickly find information
- copies of documents & photographs (subject to standard fees)
- microfilm readers for the census & Old Parish Registers
- Deceased Online website
- advice of sources, both local & national
The teams in ANGUSalive’s museums, libraries and archives have a great local knowledge and a real enthusiasm for promoting Angus. As VisitScotland Information Partners and proud Angus ambassadors, ANGUSalive advisors can help visitors to our area make the most of their time in Angus by providing information about things to see and do, including some of the hidden gems that only locals know about. The teams also provide local amenities information, helping people to find everything from church services to emergency vet services.
ANGUSalive museums, libraries and archives also have a fun programme of events for adults and children and non-members are almost always welcome.
Thursday to Saturday 10am-4pm. Appointments available outwith opening hours.
Use the filters below to discover what there is to see and do, places to eat and where to stay in Angus.
By Where to Eat:
By Things to See & Do: