The archive has a wealth of resources, from original documents, thousands of photographs, books, unique indexes, transcripts, family histories & research files. The collections cover Arbroath, Brechin, Carnoustie, Forfar, Kirriemuir, Montrose, Monifieth and many rural areas of Angus.
Angus Archives collects, preserves and makes available the written and photographic heritage of Angus. In the search room you can access:
- extensive photograph collections
- local history book collection
- plans of buildings
- family histories & family history resources
- digital resources
- transcripts of many hard to read documents
- surname & subject indexes to quickly find information
- copies of documents & photographs (subject to standard fees)
- microfilm readers for the census & Old Parish Registers
- Deceased Online website
- advice of sources, both local & national
Thursday to Saturday 10am-4pm. Appointments available outwith opening hours.