Angus looks forward to welcoming visitors again after lockdown. We would normally have welcomed thousands of visitors to our beautiful county over the past four months and we have missed meeting old and new friends during this time. We are excited to be able to open our doors again and welcome visitors back safely.
To help plan your trip to Angus safely, here are some helpful tips below;
- Check the venue opening times before you visit, as these may have changed
- Venues may be operating a ticketing system and booking may have to be made in advance
- Be aware that not all tourism facilities or venues will be open
- If the location you are visiting is busy, consider going somewhere less crowded
- Wear a face covering on public transport and in situations where social distancing is difficult
- Be mindful of the current health and safety guidance on social distancing rules and hygiene
- Be respectful towards residents in the villages, towns and communities you are visiting
- Leave only footprints – take home memories, and your rubbish, and help keep Angus looking beautiful.
Scottish Government has released indicative dates when tourism can open in Scotland and we are preparing to open to visitors again.
From 3rd July:
- Travel restrictions are to be relaxed, allowing people to travel further than the current suggested limit of five miles
- Self catering accommodation providers can open for business
From 6th July:
- Outdoor hospitality, including beer gardens and outdoor restaurants, can open for business (subject to social distancing)
From 15th July:
- All types of holiday accommodation can open for business
- Indoor hospitality, including restaurants and cafes, can open for business (subject to physical distancing)
- Attractions including museums, galleries, cinemas, monuments and libraries can open for business (subject to physical distancing and other measures such as ticketing in advance)
Play parks open from Monday 29 June 2020.
Browse the places to visit in Angus as well as places to eat and stay. Whilst we are working hard to ensure the information on our website is up to date, we would strongly suggest that you check with the venue operator if they are open before visiting their site. They may also provide additional information prior to your visit.