6. Information sharing
We may need to pass your information to other people and organisations that provide a statutory service or where we are required by law to do so. The main organisations we share information with are:
- NHS Tayside
- Police Scotland and other criminal investigation agencies
- Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
- Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
- Scottish Government
- Scottish Public Services Ombudsman
- The Scottish Information Commissioner
- The Scottish Social Services Council
- The (UK) Information Commissioner
- Scottish Children’s Reporter’s Administration
- The Care Inspectorate
- General Teaching Council for Scotland
- Disclosure Scotland
- Angus Integrated Joint Partnership in relation to health and social care
- Mental Welfare Commission
- Office of the Public Guardian
- registered social landlords
- external regulators
- social care providers
- financial inclusion services
- other advisory agencies that provide assistance to the public
These organisations are obliged to keep your details securely and in line with their statutory obligations. We will only disclose information to other partners where necessary, either to comply with a legal obligation, or where permitted under data protection legislation, for example where the disclosure is necessary to carry out a statutory function or where it is in the public interest to do so such as for the prevention and/or detection of crime. This could include the need to disclose sensitive or confidential information.
When we share your information we only share those pieces of information that are necessary for other people to do their part in meeting your health and social care needs.
We may also share information with other bodies responsible for auditing and administering public funds in order to prevent and detect fraud.
We may disclose information when necessary to prevent risk of harm to an individual.
At no time will your information be passed to external organisations or our partners for marketing or sales purposes or for any commercial use without your consent.