600g Milk Chocolate
75ml Dark Rum
1 Gelatine Leaf
4 free range Egg Yolks
10g Cocoa Powder
400ml Olive Oil
10 free range Egg Whites
1. Break up the chocolate and put with butter in a bowl and melt over a pan of hot water – ensure that the base of the bowl is not touching the water. Stir regularly and add rum once the chocolate and butter have melted.
2. Dissolve the gelatine leaf in 50ml of water.
3. Add chocolate mixture to the gelatine and allow to cool.
4. Put the egg yolks and olive oil in a bowl over simmering water and beat until thickened, then mix in the cocoa powder. Add this to the chocolate mixture once cooled.
5. Add egg whites by whipping lightly and then folding in.
6. Set in the fridge on a cling-filmed tray.
To enhance the delice, you can any number of garnishes that adds to the rich chocolate – roasted hazelnuts, fresh raspberries, strawberry ice cream or whatever suits your taste.