- This event has passed.
Meander Walk at Hospitalfield
23 March 2023, 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The group meets every Thursday 2:00pm-3:00pm in front of Hospitalfield House.
The Meander project connects Hospitalfield to local landscapes through gentle walking. Led by Hospitalfield’s volunteer walk leaders, the project promotes wellbeing through walking and cultivates a place where people can enjoy being active at their own pace. Perfect for people from all backgrounds and abilities looking to enjoy a peaceful moment outdoors while undertaking low impact exercise.
We ask that everyone participating in the walks to agree to the following…
- Working with Hospitalfield team we have tried to make this walk as safe as possible by doing a risk assessment of the route.
- Volunteers leading this walk have done the Paths for All Walk Leader training course and are supported by staff at Hospitalfield.
- We have tried to find a walk that is suitable for everyone.
- We will describe the route and any hazards to you before we start walking and will let you decide how far you want to walk.
- I’ll only walk if I am fit and well enough, and it’s up to me to assess if I can do the Walk safely.
- If I have any concerns about my ability to participate in the walk, I’ll talk to a health professional ahead of taking part.
- I’ll tell a Walk Leader if I feel unwell while out on the walk.
- I’ll tell a Walk Leader if I am leaving the walk before it has ended.
- I understand that I take part in this walk at my own risk.
- I understand that currently, anyone taking part who requires personal support is asked to attend the Walk with their identified relevant personal support.
If you have any questions about Meander, please contact email@example.com or call us on 01241656124.
We’ll contact you regarding any changes to scheduled Meanders, you can also join our public Meander Facebook page! ‘Meander Walking Groups’ https://www.facebook.com/groups/171325743497116/
- We ask everyone joining in to wear warm and/or waterproof clothing, appropriate footwear for muddy or uneven ground
- The meander walk will last up to 30 minutes and all walking will remain at a gentle pace. The terrain of the wider Hospitalfield grounds include stoned/gravel driveway, grassed paddock and woodland pathways
- The Meander will take place in Hospitalfield Gardens and grounds. Hospitalfield Walled Gardens and Café is wheelchair accessible via a ramp into the Gardens and there are wide pathways throughout the Walled Gardens. There are no clear or designated pathways for wheelchairs around the grounds of Hospitalfield, including the driveway and surrounding woodlands.
- If you have any access requirements or questions that you’d like to share with us, please let us know ahead of the meander you’re looking to join. Or you can get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us on 01241 656124.
- Children and young people accompanied by a parent or guardian are welcome to join in.
- Currently, we ask that anyone interested in taking part in our meander who requires personal support should attend with their personal support provider, as Hospitalfield is unable to provide this at this time.
Meander at Hospitalfield is part of the Scottish Health Walk Network. Through this network Paths For All brings together 400 organisations with the common goal of creating a happier, healthier Scotland by supporting people to walk more. www.pathsforall.org.uk.