Park in the car park opposite the Primary School. Exit from here onto the B966 and follow the road for approximately 10 minutes.
Cross the bridge and take the next left at the sign directing you to ‘Glenesk Folk Museum’. Follow this road through beautiful Glen Esk passing Glen Esk Holiday Park on your right.
Keep an eye out for a track on the left that takes you off the road and onto a gravel track. After a steep downhill and hairpin turn, you will come to a bridge that crosses over the River North Esk.
Go through the gate at the other side and begin the steep climb up to another hairpin going round to the left. Continue for a short time and bear left onto the tarmac track going in a SE direction.
Follow the road eventually going through Dalbog Farm and past Wood of Dalbog Cottage on your left. At the junction turn right to rejoin the B966 and follow the road back to the car park which will be on your right.
Mountain Biking Tips
When mountain biking in Angus, please follow this advice:
- Let path users know you are coming as early as possible
- Slow down for other path users
- Take care and watch your speed on blind corners/dips
- Respect wildlife and environment – leave it as you find it
- If the route looks wet and fragile, please go slowly (or walk) and stick to the line of the track
- Follow ‘Route Specific” instructions highlighted
- Route descriptions may change so be flexible with your plans and be ready to use alternative routes
- We recommend you use an Ordnance Survey map to help if you make a wrong turn
- Check the weather – take appropriate equipment