Take a look at this recipe for Easy Smokie Pie, for you to make and enjoy at home.
Follow the Arbroath Smokie Trail and explore five key destinations where you can discover the story of this world famous delicacy.
150ml double cream
Two handfuls of spinach
Two Arbroath Smokies
½ tsp wholegrain mustard
Egg for egg wash
Black pepper to season
1. Bring 150ml double cream to the boil then turn down to a simmer, add two handfuls of spinach and stir to wilt the leaves.
2. Remove skin from the smokies and de-bone.
3. Stir the ﬂaked ﬁsh into the cream and spinach mix.
4. Add half a teaspoon of wholegrain mustard, juice of half a lemon, a grinding of black pepper, a grating of sharp cheddar, and stir.
5. Transfer to a small pie dish and top with puff pastry.
6. Egg wash and bake at 200c for 20-25 minutes.