A pleasant ride through the Angus countryside.
Starting at Forfar Loch Country Park, take the south side of the loch and follow the cycle path past the playpark. After 1.2km/0.8m, take the left fork in the track. Turn left at the junction after 0.3km/0.2m. After 0.1km/0.06m, turn right at the T junction joining the road. At the roundabout after 0.7km/0.4m, take the 3rd exit to Coupar Angus on the A94. Use the cycle track on the right hand side.
After 0.7km/0.4m, turn right to Drumgley. At the T junction after 3.1km/1.9m, turn left to Ballindarg. After 4.4km/2.7m, turn left at the T junction onto the A928. 3.0km/2.4m on, turn left then take an immediate left to visit Glamis Castle. At the castle gates, turn left into the village. 3km/1.8m on, turn right onto the B9127 to Kinettles/Kirkbuddo. After 2.5km/1.6m, turn left at the signpost for Leckaway. Turn right at the T junction after 3.1km/1.9m and rejoin the cycle path retracing the route to Forfar Loch Country Park.
Points of interest on this route include Glamis Castle, views of the Angus Glens and views of Forfar Loch.
We recommend the following safety advice to cyclists:
- Check out in advance that the route, which you intend to take, is suitable for the cycling skills of you and your group.
- Take special care when cycling downhill.
- Match your speed to the road surface and your cycling skills and experience.
- Make sure your bicycle is properly maintained and in a safe condition for your cycling holiday.
- In remote areas carry warm waterproof clothing, energy food, a lamp, map and compass.
- Carry a tool kit and puncture repair facilities.
- Do make sure you have adequate insurance cover.