A ride from the historical town of Arbroath through rural Angus.
From Arbroath Harbour, turn right onto the A92 and continue for 1.5km/1m. At the roundabout, turn left onto the A933 to Brechin and continue for 1.5km/1m. At the traffic lights, turn left then take an immediate right at the cemetery. Turn right after 0.5km/0.3m and after 2.5km/1.5m, turn left at the sign for Letham/Forfar.
After 3km/2m, turn right at the sign for Grange of Conon and follow the road to Colliston for 3.5km/2m. Turn left at the T junction onto the A933 to Brechin.
After 3km/2m, at the crossroads turn right to Leysmill and continue for 3.5k/2m. At the crossroads, turn right to Arbroath. Continue for 1km/0.5m.
Turn right to Colliston. After 1.5km/1m, turn left at the sign to Peebles. Continue for 3km/2m and at the T junction turn left. After 50m turn left to St Vigeans. Descend past St Vigeans church, cross the bridge and turn immediate right. Follow the path for 400m, turn left under the railway line and continue to follow the path to the right. At Wardmill Road, turn right then follow Dens Road to Guthrie Port. At the roundabout rejoin the A92 Burnside Drive for 1.5km/1m to return to Arbroath Harbour.
Points of interest on this route include Arbroath Abbey and St Vigeans Church and sculptured stones.
We recommend the following safety advice to cyclists:
- Check out in advance that the route, which you intend to take, is suitable for the cycling skills of you and your group.
- Take special care when cycling downhill.
- Match your speed to the road surface and your cycling skills and experience.
- Make sure your bicycle is properly maintained and in a safe condition for your cycling holiday.
- In remote areas carry warm waterproof clothing, energy food, a lamp, map and compass.
- Carry a tool kit and puncture repair facilities.
- Do make sure you have adequate insurance cover.