A ride out from Carnoustie to visit two of the country parks in Angus.
Starting at the Aboukir Hotel, follow the Arbroath Road towards Easthaven and turn left at Westhaven Road.
After 0.8km/0.5m, at Muirdrum turn left at the crossroads onto the cycle path. After 1km/ 0.6m continue under the A92. At the road turn right and after 40m turn left to continue on the cycle path adjacent to the A92 carriageway. At Dobbies Garden Centre cross the A92, turn left, follow the road for 400m to the mini roundabout to Kingennie and turn right.
After 1.9km/1.2m, turn right at the T junction onto the B961 to Newbigging. Turn left at the T junction after 2km/1.3m onto the B962 to Friockheim. Continue for 7km/4.4m and then turn right at the B9128 followed by an immediate left turn onto the B961 to Friockheim.
After 2.6km/1.6m, turn right onto the B9127 to Arbroath. Continue for 6.7km/4.2m and turn right at the T junction to Arbirlot. After 0.8km/0.5m, turn right at the T junction to Arbirlot Primary School. Turn right at the T junction after 7.4km/4.3m, signposted for Dundee. After 0.8km/0.5m, turn left at the crossroads over the dual carriageway. Retrace the outward route back to Carnoustie for 4.5km/2.8m.
We recommend the following safety advice to cyclists:
- Check out in advance that the route, which you intend to take, is suitable for the cycling skills of you and your group.
- Take special care when cycling downhill.
- Match your speed to the road surface and your cycling skills and experience.
- Make sure your bicycle is properly maintained and in a safe condition for your cycling holiday.
- In remote areas carry warm waterproof clothing, energy food, a lamp, map and compass.
- Carry a tool kit and puncture repair facilities.
- Do make sure you have adequate insurance cover.