Brechin Town Circuit

Loch Brandy, Glen Clova, Angus

Description

4 miles, 2 hour walk

Brechin was formerly an important railway junction. The main line was closed to passengers in 1952 and the old Forfar line now makes a pleasant and straightforward walk around the northern edge of Brechin. This is locally known as the ‘nature trail’/ Part of the old Montrose line is still operated by volunteers of the Brechin Caledonian Railway who run steam trains to Bridge of Dun on Sundays throughout the summer.

This circuit follows the ‘nature trail’, then continues westwards through Dubton. It is possible to extend the walk by detouring through pleasant woodland to visit the Brechin Castle Centre, where there is plenty to entertain the whole family.

You can complete this circuit with a wander through Brechin’s historical town centre, and a visit to the Townhouse Museum, or to Brechin Catheral with its unusual round tower, which may date back to the early 12th century.

Loch Brandy

Address:

Glen Clova
Angus Glens
Kirriemuir