Take a look at this recipe for Arbroath Smokie Fishcakes with Mango and Avocado Salsa, for you to make and enjoy at home.
Follow the Arbroath Smokie Trail and explore five key destinations where you can discover the story of this world famous delicacy.
200g Maris Piper potatoes
200g Arbroath Smokie
Small bunch of parsley, ﬁnely chopped
Zest of 1 lime
Salt & pepper
Mango & avocado salsa:
Juice of 1 lime
Small bunch of coriander, ﬁnely chopped
Drizzle coconut oil/olive oil
1. Boil and then mash the potatoes and allow to cool.
2. Take the skin off the ﬁsh and pick the ﬁsh off the bone.
3. Mix the ﬂaked ﬁsh with the mash and add parsley, lime zest and season. Shape into 4 ﬁshcakes. Coat with ﬂour and then dip in beaten egg and coat with breadcrumbs.
4. Pan fry to seal on both sides and ﬁnish in the oven at 180c for 10 minutes.
5. To make the salsa, finely dice the shallot, mango and avocado.
6. Mix with the lime juice and chopped coriander and a drizzle of coconut (or olive) oil.
7. Serve and enjoy.