The house was built around 1840 for Mr G Smart who owned the Valley Works (Jute Mill) in River Street.
The mill’s claim to fame was producing some of the linen used on the liner “Queen Elizabeth”.
The house was split into 3 properties in the early 60’s. The size of the exterior belies the expansive interior with its original Victorian features which have since been restored to something resembling their former glory.
Two double, one twin.