Caledonian Railway - A Day Out With Thomas - July
Check website for details.
See Thomas on the Caledonian Railway on the 21st and 22nd July.
Remember your train ticket covers all the attractions, for more details see box below. Brechin Station is the main venue for the attractions and your day should be planned with the greater part of your stay at this station. Limited on site parking at this station but arrangements made for additional parking nearby..
At Brechin Station there is a shop with lots of Thomas goodies, a picnic area and a Buffet serving hot and cold food, also tea, coffee, soft drinks, also BBQ. Station opens at 9:30am and closes at 4:30pm. Shop & Buffet open at 10:15am. Entry to Brechin Station is by train ticket only.
Bridge of Dun station has picnic tables. Classic bus service, more details below. Bridge of Dun is open from 10:00am until 3:30pm. Free car parking on site.
Check website for departure times for trains.
More Day Out With Thomas Information:
- What is included with your Train Ticket.
- One return journey on the Thomas train.
- Brake Van Rides behind a steam locomotive.
- Miniature Railway Rides.
- Fairground Rides.
- Bouncy Castle.
- Thomas DVD show.
- Imagination Station - colouring, crafts, toys.
- Day Out With Thomas Certificate to every child.
- Have your photograph taken with the Fat Controller at his car or with Terrence.
- Face Painter at the Imagination Station.
- Thomas re-enactments.
- Childrens' Entertainer. Based at Brechin but will also travel on some trains.
- Children's play area at Bridge of Dun.
- Ticketing information.
- From Brechin: Direct returns: Coaches A, D & E standard seating and coaches B & C Compartment seating. Break journey: Coach F. Stay at Bridge of Dun or take a trip on the Classic bus (see below) taking a later train back to Brechin.
- From Bridge of Dun: Break journey Coach F. Spend time at Brechin before returning to Dun.
- Any remaining tickets are sold on the day.
- Journey times: 20 minutes each way with a 10 minute stopover at Bridge of Dun.
- Classic Bus Service.
- Free Bus Service: linking the Railway at Bridge of Dun Station with House of Dun, Montrose Air Station Heritage Centre, Montrose High Street and Montrose Mainline Railway Station. Click here for Bus Timetable. Note: bus departs at the same time as the train. Entry to House and Air Station at extra cost.
- Coach seating
- We offer standard seating and compartments from Brechin. Break journey only standard seating.
- Disabled saloon for departures from Brechin only.
- Please note that there a no toilets on the trains.
All activities are subject to availability, the railway reserves the right to alter these but will always endeavour to replace with a similar activity where possible.